Business Development Specialist – 2 posts
ACDI/VOCA is a global development organization working in over 60 countries around the world. In Tanzania, ACDI/VOCA is implementing the USAID-funded Feed the Future Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity, which aims to transform the Tanzanian horticulture market system into a more vibrant, competitive, resilient, and inclusive one capable of fueling sustained growth and drawing in new market participants.
ACDI/VOCA believes that all people should have the opportunity to achieve better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. With diverse partners, ACDI/VOCA empowers people to succeed in the global economy.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented professional for the Business Development Specialist position. The position will be responsible for project activities aimed at analyzing opportunities and challenges of agribusinesses, identify major opportunities and constraints of Horticulture Value chain actors including MSMEs and identify activities to support the businesses with viable interventions and solutions.
Location: Mbeya (1post) and Zanzibar (1post)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, select and analyze the market players of value chain actors in ZOI.
- Analyze status of the firms and identify and contract support providers, business advisory services and others to support and partner with selected Firms.
- Analysing and expanding business operations toward sustained growth.
- Developing client relationships and strengthening industry partnerships.
- Facilitate linkages between value chain actors to increase partners’ sales, productivity and profitability, and improve compliance for sustainable business relationships.
- Design partnerships, and identify needed investments, to strengthen backward and forward linkages between farmers, MSMEs, service providers, financial institutions, and end markets.
- Analyze constraints and facilitate relevant and innovative solutions for MSMEs
- Collaborate with Private Sector Engagement and Finance Specialist in preparation and review of required manuals for training.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned Organizational/Business Development Manager.
2 Business Development Specialist Job Opportunities at ACDI/VOCA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Development, Marketing, or other related fields.
- Previous experience as a Business Development Specialist in a related industry.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in private sector development, preferably with focus on agribusiness or value chain development.
- Must exercise research skills in market analyses and value chain development
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across projects and strong communications and interpersonal skills, with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions).
- Strong writing, analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
- Strong Verbal and Written English skills
- Ability to travel to project areas in the ZOI.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 14, 2022.
Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.