Finance Specialist 2 posts
Iringa, Mbeya December 5, 2022 Banking and Finance Jobs – NGO and Social Work Jobs
ACDI/VOCA is a global development organization working in over 60 countries around the world. In Tanzania, ACDI/VOCA is implementing the USAID-funded Feed the Future Tanzania Kilimo Tija Activity, which aims to transform the Tanzanian horticulture market system into a more vibrant, competitive, resilient, and inclusive one capable of fueling sustained growth and drawing in new market participants.
ACDI/VOCA believes that all people should have the opportunity to achieve better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. With diverse partners, ACDI/VOCA empowers people to succeed in the global economy.
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented professional for the Finance Specialist position. The position will support financial institutions, provide financial literacy and assist in development of suitable product for horticulture value chain beneficiaries as well as analyse financial information and develop financial strategies and advice, develop financial products models, and assess financial risk to improve financial operations among the actors.
Location: Iringa (1post) and Mbeya (1post)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support microfinance institutions including Cooperatives, savings and credit groups to improve access to financial services that are tailored to the needs of microenterprises in the project.
- Organize capacity building sessions for Saccos and other microfinance institutions in ZOI in areas such as microenterprise lending, the use of digital tools or related areas, including convening stakeholders/workshops and facilitating focused trainings.
- Work closely with Business Development Specialist and Private Sector Engagement Specialist in development of the training manuals and curricular suitable for the value chain actors.
- Recommend solutions to reduce expenses, increase revenue, and maximize efficiency for different actors.
- Monitor the performances and implementation of financial plans, performing risk assessments, and provide advice as needed.
- Collaborate with management to gather and analyse stakeholders’ financial information and documenting financial processes and presenting progress reports.
- Support stakeholder in preparing financial plans and financial models for the different beneficiaries’
- Identify key financial gaps among different actors in the project and support them in attaining loans/credits.
- Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, management or finance and in a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in implementing financial inclusion, digital finance and related
- Trainings, experience as a financial specialist, or similar.
- Proficiency in business management, statistical, analytical, and spreadsheet software.
- In-depth knowledge of financial analysis, models, and forecasts.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Great organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Kiswahili are essential.
- Ability to travel to project areas in the ZOI.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than December 14, 2022.
Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line.
Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.