Senior Legal Officer
Provide legal support to the operations of the CRDB Bank, with special emphasis on litigation, contracts, advisory on regulatory, corporate and retail banking.
- Reviewing and preparing non-credit contracts and documentation used by the Bank in the business of providing banking services to its clients.
- Reviewing internal documents and policies to ensure they are drafted in accordance with applicable legislation responsible for identifying legal risks associated with the operations of the Institution and proposing mechanisms for mitigating such risks.
- Assisting in the preparation and drafting of reports and communications to the regulator.
- Provide updates to the Head of Legal and or a person acting in that position on issues affecting operations of the Bank.
- Provide support to the Bank to ensure compliance by the Bank of its labour and employment obligations as an employer of its staff, including registering with local authorities and entering into employment contracts drafted in accordance with local law and that protect the interests of the Bank.
- Providing legal opinions based on local laws regarding various aspects of the operations of the Bank.
- Prepare court documents or and represent the Bank in courts of law.
- Assist in drafting legal demand letters to defaulting clients.
- Participate in the training of staff in all legal issues arising out of the CRDB business and operations. These may include assisting them to identify genuine securities, legal implications of illegal recoveries, fraud etc.
- Coordinate with external counsels on status of cases and report to Head of Legal.
- Maintaining resources and overseeing cases relating to litigation collection and ensuring timely reporting on the cases and close follow-ups on fraud prosecution handled by external lawyers
- Pursuing claims by the Bank as determined and defending the Bank against claims by third parties in Court.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Line Manager and coordinate weekly and monthly reporting.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Law from the recognized Higher learning institution.
- At least 4 years working experience with a strong background in Banking.
- Excellent knowledge of all types of legal matters related to the operations of the Bank.
- Strong litigation skills.
- Strong relationship building and diplomatic interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and communication abilities in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively.
- Be able to work long hours.
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Must be able to conceptualize issues and analyse proposals in detail to understand underlying issues.
- Ability to interpret Central Bank policies of financial regulations and implement them within Banks strategic plan.
- Ability to interpret the statutory requirements on all aspects of the Bank‘s operations.
- Ability to assess material evidence and advice on appropriate legal measures.
- Keeps abreast of legal issues that affect the Bank.
- Creative and analytical thinking to problem-solving.
- Excellent decision-making abilities.
Deadline- 13th May 2021CLICK HERE TO APPLY