Digital Lending Specialist
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
- Execute the Lending product portfolio as per the strategy aligned.
- Execute and manage Lending products roadmap.
- Stakeholder engagements
- Business intelligence &
- Product Compliance
- Develop and execute a nursery plan to maintaining a healthy subscriber base in line with the company roadmap
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Develop, execute and manage implementation of lending products adoption strategy. This include creation of tentative business case and ensuring objectives are meet.
- Drive day to day products initiatives as per the aligned strategy. This means to ensure customers are well engaged through BTL, ATL and Digital campaigns with regards to lending products.
- Bring about innovation of new Lending product to fit the market need and drive M-Pesa ambitions on digital lending space.
- Develop strong customer relationship strategy this includes design and deploy different initiatives to deliver customer growth and products revenue line growth.
- Develop, engage and execute new strategic partnership with financial institutions and other stakeholders with regards to lending products and services.
Key performance indicators:
- Growth of services/product uptake by agreed percent.
- Accurate and timely delivery & execution of action plans, initiatives and new products.
- Growth of Lending portfolio as per aligned KIP’s this include both Disbursements and revenue.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Solid influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of local markets and needs of customer.
- Excellent analytical and logical reasoning skills translated from consumer insights
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to anticipate customer, competitor and market dynamics
- Able to challenge the status quo
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- 2 Years or more experience working in Digital Lending or Mobile Money or Banking/Financial Services preferably with experience of digital financial products
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Economics, Financial technology or related fields. Master’s Degree will be adding advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, conceptual thinking, problem solving ability and strong business acumen.
- Build and maintain relationship with key stakeholders in the value chain.
- Strong knowledge of mobile money, Fintech and financial services most preferably Digital Lending.
- Project management knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledgeable with MsQL and Database is a key adding advantage.
- Assists, advises and executes processes and activities for delivery of propositions relating to key business priorities;
- Drives the delivery of pricing and promotions overview across all channels (digital, shops, etc.) and across competitors, using a full range of data sources, such as Social Listening for maximising insights;
- Helps defining a core set of data sources to inform proposition design and construction so as to best match underlying sub-segment needs and focuses on a simple customer experience;
- Supports defining the customer insights, target audience, market opportunities, proposition initiatives and customer experience which will differentiate Vodafone from the competition and grow NPS, revenue, Brand consideration and market share;
- Maintains strong relations and work closely with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Brand, Digital, Base Marketing, Finance and Sales Teams) to understand successes owing to product/propositions;
- Collaborates with insights teams to understand future product features;
- Understands market segments and drives engagement with wider stakeholder teams (for example, Pre-Sales, Sales and Commercial Finance) to ensure sales and revenue target achievement;
- Supports engaging with other Vodacom markets to rollout test and learn approaches to new proposition launches;
- Uses knowledge to ensure best practice is utilised within the Products and Propositions team;
- May provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Modern Marketing Leadership
- Product and Proposition Strategy and Design
- Pricing Design and Analysis
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.