Senior Officer – Human Resource at Equity Bank
Job Title: Senior Officer – Human Resource
Reporting Line: Senior Manager Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
To execute and provide professional people management advise and support to the management and employees of the Bank to enhance optimal people performance.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Selection
- Create a pool of sustainable candidates for the future employment on data base
- Coordinating end to end onboarding hiring process as per bank process and procedures
- Providing practical support & guidance to managers/supervisors throughout the recruitment process including coordinating probationary review with team leaders.
- Maintain updated HR databases for all relevant information
- Manage employee mobility and promotions through coordination of transfers and promotions posting letters
- Ensure that all correspondences are correct, signed and sent out on time to recipients
- Coordinating with team leaders to ensure compliance of HR policies and procedures
- Prepare payroll input schedules and ensure staff are paid timely.
- Prepare monthly statutory returns; pension funds, PAYE, SDL, HESLB, WCF, Ministry of labour (return for employment non-citizen) for submission to the relevant authorities
- Ensure all staff are assigned with KPI’s and ensure performance management system is conducted inline to existing bank guidelines and procedures. Assist team leaders with identifying poor performers and assist
- management to develop personal development plans and monitor their progress.
- Ensure employee exit process is done as per bank procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining employee database and provide accurate and adequate reports as required.
- Preparation of periodic reports on staff details; new hires, exits, pending cases, transfers, promotions, trainings etc. for management
- Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned by the BGDM that will be relevant to the Bank business.
RELATED POST: Senior Officer Risk and Compliance at Equity Bank
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- In-depth knowledge of the Tanzania Labor laws and commercial banks working environment
- Excellent knowledge of recruitment procedures and record keeping
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
Education: Bachelor’s in Human Resources, business administration or related field
Work Experience: 3+ years of experience in an Human Resource Field.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application quoting the Job reference and title in the subject field to TZRecruitment@equitybank.co.tz